Thought that it was time to return to the blog. I always found it to be therapeutic and a great way to reflect on my journey…
Today I celebrate running every day for 3 years. That’s 1096 (leap year) days of running at least 1 mile a day. Some were fast, others were incredibly slow, but every day I have become a stronger person and runner.
Here is what I have learned running every day for 3 years:
- It’s not as hard as it sounds
- It’s easier to make healthy choices if you make it a habit
- If nothing seems to be going right in the world, your run will never let you down
- It’s hard to have a bad attitude when you run every day
- Running every day allows you to make new friends, and strengthen longtime friendships
- The phrase “no excuses” has a whole new meaning
- Running every day means a LOT of extra laundry
Running every day is not for everyone, and who knows how long I’ll keep up this run streak, but I do know that it has changed me for the better.
Happy trails, Friends!